Monday 19 November 2012

Focus Gallery - Nottingham

The Interior of Focus Gallery
On Sunday afternoon I went for my first visit to the Focus Gallery in Nottingham, run by Lorraine Murphy and her husband Angelo. Since buying the gallery in April I have been in contact with some of the owners of other galleries in the Midland but had not yet had the chance to visit so I was really looking forward to it. I was not disappointed.

The gallery stocks a mix of textiles, ceramics, prints, jewellery, art and more - and at reasonable prices. The basis principle behind the gallery is the same as at Itch - supporting talented British artists and makers, and providing customers with a change from the mass production of the high street - but we both stock different types of work.

It was great to chat to Lorraine about the gallery and our different artists. I loved looking at the jewellery!! I couldn't stop myself from buying a piece of ceramics and a gorgeous necklace.

Artist Painting a Monkey


Beautiful Necklace - I love it so much!

Focus also  has a downstairs gallery, a framers and a workshop space. I would love to do workshops at Itch Gallery, if only we had the space! If you get chance, pop in next time you are in Nottingham!

Jenny x











No comments:

Post a Comment